Practical Steps for Facebook Rebellion
Breaking up with Mark
1. Only publish content on meta that directly links to competitors, or which is content about doing so — convenient direct competitors to post-on-and-link-to include:
- Mastadon (these links are blocked on twitter)
- Your own site: streetblogto.com is an example I created of how we can create our own email lists and domains
2. use messenger.com as needed for direct messages — Mark doesn't sell ads there and the moment he does, people will switch to email — relatedly, use the news feed eradicator extension in your browser.
4. Never stop—competitor content is relatively shadowbanned but facebook will have no choice but to populate your feed with competitor content if it's all we post!
[Adjusting this strategy slightly: I still copy my text statuses to facebook but manually move all comments to substack notes (as screenshots) where threads have normal ordering -- livestreams will return here but comments will be manually moved to *youtube*]